Get rid of Rapid 2.0 ransomware virus
What is Rapid 2.0 virus?
Rapid 2.0 ransomware, is a novel ransomware virus that is considered the newer version of Rapid, which is another ransomware. It was discovered by MalwareHunterTeam and just like other viruses, it spreads through spam emails and other fake and cheap advertisement methods created by cyber criminals that aim to gain any profit from such movements. Rapid 2.0 works by encrypting your stored files just after it invades your system and renames the files by adding “[7_random_digits].[5_random_letters]“extension. After encrypting the files, you will lose access to them and you will receive a guiding text in all the placed folders that holds some information about how to regain your files with mentioning the needed ransom fees.
Cyber criminals advanced tremendously in the past years and were able to make asymmetric encryption. Such encryption generates two keys, an encryption key and a decryption key, and they are stored securely. Accordingly, Rapid 2.0 Ransomware developers offer decrypting your files in exchange of some fees. Although we have not been able to know the price exactly, but hackers usually ask for $500 to $1500 in any crypocurrency so that they can’t be traced. One more thing worthy of notice is that many hackers take the money from you and stop contacting you, or even ask for more money later, which enters you in a loop hole. So the only possible way to retrieve your files is via a normal back up.
How did Rapid 2.0 ransomware virus installed on my computer?
Such Ransomware-type demand a medium to propagate in like junk email, P2P networks, unreliable software and download sites, and trojans. Spam emails could hold many malware attachments that are written with a Java Script and the action of opening these attachments runs these scripts spontaneously to do their malicious. Rapid 2.0 Ransomware invade your system with no consent according to lack of knowledge of some users allowed many developers and hackers to intrude many systems without previous agreements or consents to enter. Bundling has been known for years to be the method followed by hackers to expand their malware through the users by making them download apps from third parties with software packages or updates.
How to remove (Uninstall) and get rid of Rapid 2.0 ransomware virus?
It is always better to prevent the problem before happening rather than solving the issue later. That is why we are recommending everyone to be very cautions while downloading any software updates or opening any emails from suspicious senders. Kindly download all of your updates and applications from certified places with direct download without getting redirected from one site to another. Bundling has been known for years to be the method followed by hackers to expand their malware through the users by making them download apps from third parties with software packages or updates. So please do not follow such strategies and have your own original anti-virus.Despite the fact that this virus is very malicious, it can be eliminated totally from your PC via manual or automatic removal. You can remove the virus manually only if you are experienced enough to do so as you might risk its recurrence. In this process, virus can get removed but need lots of knowledge and experience. On the other hand, a more safe method is to remove it by the aid of a software to guarantee to terminate this threat.
Option A: Advanced system software is recommended to uninstall this malware from your PC. Free scanner allows you to check whether your PC is infected or not.
Option B: Remove Manually (Risky & Complicated) For Technical Geeks only!
Steps To Remove ManuallyEnd malicious process from Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together to open Run in your PC.
- Type taskmgr in Run and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select related process and click End Process.
- Click on Start and select Settings option.
- Now Go to System Option.
- Now select Programs & Feature option.
- Select and click on Uninstall tab.
- Open browser tool by clicking on Setting Icon from the right-top corner of your browser.
- Click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Find related add-ons and Click Disable.
- Select More information button and click on Remove button.
- Press “Windows + R” button sententiously on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by .
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- First of all run Internet Explorer browser and Click on Tools tab.
- Select Internet option from drop down list.
- Choose Advanced tab and click Reset button.
- Select Delete personal settings check box and click on Reset button.
- Now click on close button and restart your browser.
Related Article : Saturn ransomware virus – How to remove? (Uninstall)