Get rid of Chrome.exe virus
What is Chrome.exe virus?
Chrome.exe virus is a general name for all Poweliks Trojan that makes an illegal profit by posting fake ads. Hackers use this malware to run unwanted applications in the background to pop up these counterfeit messages and advertisements to you to the extent that your computer becomes exhausted with no resources to function and perform properly. Such action makes your computer unusable just for the sake of showing you some fake ads in the hope that you get tricked.
Google Chrome powers Chrome.exe (32 bit), which is the name mostly used by hackers since they inject it in your Task Manager by occupying miniaturized percentages of your operation. However, Poweliks seems to be holding a lot of space since it appears to be a Google Chrome process that opens a lot of methods that consume the resources of your computer. Unlike Chrome.exe(32 bit), Powelikes runs operations just after your system is launched, not when Google Chrome is initiated. So you can differentiate between them when the browser is off. So if you find these processes running while your browser off, then most likely your system is invaded by Poweliks.
How did Chrome.exe Virus installed on my computer?
How to remove (Uninstall) and get rid of Chrome.exe Virus?
It is always better to prevent the problem from happening rather than solving the issue later. That is why we are recommending everyone to be very cautions while downloading any software updates or opening any emails from suspicious senders. Kindly download all of your updates and applications from certified places with direct download without getting redirected from one site to another. Bundling has been known for years to be the method followed by hackers to expand their malware to the users by making them download apps from third parties with software packages or updates. So please do not follow such strategies and have your original anti-virus.Despite the fact that this virus is very malicious, it can be eliminated totally from your PC via manual or automatic removal. You can remove the virus manually only if you are experienced enough to do so as you might risk its recurrence. In this process, virus can get removed but need lots of knowledge and experience. On the other hand, a more safe method is to remove it by the aid of a software to guarantee to terminate this threat.
Option A: Advanced system software is recommended to uninstall this malware from your PC. Free scanner allows you to check whether your PC is infected or not.
Option B: Remove Manually (Risky & Complicated) For Technical Geeks only!
Steps To Remove ManuallyEnd malicious process from Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together to open Run in your PC.
- Type taskmgr in Run and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select related process and click End Process.
- Click on Start and select Settings option.
- Now Go to System Option.
- Now select Programs & Feature option.
- Select and click on Uninstall tab.
- Open browser tool by clicking on Setting Icon from the right-top corner of your browser.
- Click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Find related add-ons and Click Disable.
- Select More information button and click on Remove button.
- Press “Windows + R” button sententiously on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by .
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- First of all run Internet Explorer browser and Click on Tools tab.
- Select Internet option from drop down list.
- Choose Advanced tab and click Reset button.
- Select Delete personal settings check box and click on Reset button.
- Now click on close button and restart your browser.
Related Article: CloudFront Virus – How to remove? (Uninstall)