Get rid of History Button virus
What is History Button virus?
We have heard about many apps that are capable of advancing the web surfing speed by enhancing the reachablity of the browsing history to the extent that we might sometimes believe that these ads are true. History Button is one of those viruses that invades your system without consent to steal your private information under the umbrella of it being a novel application.
Upon invading your system without agreement, History Button starts popping up some fake ads frequently that lowers the performance of your computer and browser. These ads might redirect you to many dangerous websites that could install a lot of malware on your system. The tool starts collecting your IP address, browsing history, search queries, etc. Moreover, it is capable of collecting some of your personal information like credit card information and so on and share them with other third parties to benefit financially from such theft by selling these info to third parties, which could cause a lot of harm.
Hackers now plant these fake apps to transfer their virus to your computer in a very sneaky way that you might not discover it. As they are very smart, they deliver to you seductive banners holding pornography and other persuasive offers to make you click on them. Once you click on them, you get redirected to malicious websites that infect your computer with a virus that is capable of stealing your personal and private information in compensation of money. So remove any awkward application that you have to stay safe.
How did History Button virus get installed on my computer?
As we have mentioned earlier, hackers became smart enough to target a group of people who agree on anything and any conditions when downloading any app or software update, making the users vulnerable to have their computers infected with viruses. Although you agree on many conditions, such virus invasion is considered to be without consent and it starts its invasion process once installed on your computer, so check if you have downloaded any non-authentic app and uninstall it right away.
How to get rid of and remove History Button virus?
Removing a virus after it took its time is very tiresome process and could lead to a lot of damage, so it is better to careful from the first place and check what you are downloading and uninstall any unwanted app. Whenever you find yourself receiving a lot of fake ads and you felt any web browsing change, check all of your apps and uninstall what you find dubious and unwanted. By this way, removal is easier than waiting for more damage to happen by third parties.Despite the fact that this virus is very malicious, it can be eliminated totally from your PC via manual or automatic removal. You can remove the virus manually only if you are experienced enough to do so as you might risk its recurrence. In this process, virus can get removed but need lots of knowledge and experience. On the other hand, a more safe method is to remove it by the aid of a software to guarantee to terminate this threat.
Option A: Advanced system software is recommended to uninstall this malware from your PC. Free scanner allows you to check whether your PC is infected or not.
Option B: Remove Manually (Risky & Complicated) For Technical Geeks only!
Steps To Remove ManuallyEnd malicious process from Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together to open Run in your PC.
- Type taskmgr in Run and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select related process and click End Process.
- Click on Start and select Settings option.
- Now Go to System Option.
- Now select Programs & Feature option.
- Select and click on Uninstall tab.
- Open browser tool by clicking on Setting Icon from the right-top corner of your browser.
- Click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Find related add-ons and Click Disable.
- Select More information button and click on Remove button.
- Press “Windows + R” button sententiously on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by .
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- First of all run Internet Explorer browser and Click on Tools tab.
- Select Internet option from drop down list.
- Choose Advanced tab and click Reset button.
- Select Delete personal settings check box and click on Reset button.
- Now click on close button and restart your browser.
Related Article: History Cleaner adware virus-How to remove?