Get rid of Homepage-web.com virus
What is homepage-web.com?
As one of the fake internet search engines, homepage-web.com virus mentions that it is capable of boosting web surfing via advancing the search results. Such deception makes the users believe that homepage-web.com is an authorized search engine. However, it is intentionally made to track your browsing activity. Such sites are usually visited by redirecting the users via fake advertisements. One other possibility of visiting these sites are PUPs, which are capable of intruding your device without consent and also running undesired processes in the background. Just after the invasion of your device, it starts intruding your browser. No wonder, all of the most used browsers are intruded by many cyber criminals to make homepage-web.com the default engine, which again deceives the users to be legitimate. Some malicious scripts are written by the developers of homepage-web.com to prevent you from restoring your previous settings. Accordingly, the users do not have any option but using homepage-web.com as the search engine and they start accepting the situation. homepage-web.com starts collecting your IP address, browsing history, search queries, etc. Moreover, it is capable of collecting some of your personal information like credit card information and so on and share them with other third parties to benefit financially from such theft. So cyber criminals start using these information against you to gain some fees as a means of theft or use your activity for mining cryptocurrency. Another thing worth to consider is that it can redirect you to other fake engines and sites that are waiting to cause you even more damage. That is why we recommend all of the users to immediately remove homepage-web.com and stop using its search engine right away since it holds many threats like selling your private information to third parties for money, which could cause a lot of harm.
It’s a redirect virus that is managed by hackers that pop up fake advertisements that seduce you to click on them to redirect you to websites that download viruses on your computer. In addition, they change your browser and remove your home search engine and replace it with another one to redirect you to their websites again and again. Uninstall any software package or unwanted apps that might hold harmful viruses.
How did homepage-web.com get installed on your computer?
This virus has many viruses that hack your computer with a fake agreement and consent by using the innocence of many users that accept many conditions that they do not read while downloading anything from non-authentic sources.
How to remove and get rid of homepage-web.com?
In order to prevent virus invasion on your computer, you have to be very cautious when it comes to downloading anything especially from unknown sources. Uninstall any app or software package that might seem suspicious or unwanted. After this uninstall, remove the altered web browser and search engine right away to prevent being subjected to these fake ads and banners.
Option A: Advanced system software is recommended to uninstall this malware from your PC. Free scanner allows you to check whether your PC is infected or not.
Option B: Remove Manually (Risky & Complicated) For Technical Geeks only!
Steps To Remove ManuallyEnd malicious process from Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together to open Run in your PC.
- Type taskmgr in Run and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select related process and click End Process.
- Click on Start and select Settings option.
- Now Go to System Option.
- Now select Programs & Feature option.
- Select and click on Uninstall tab.
- Open browser tool by clicking on Setting Icon from the right-top corner of your browser.
- Click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Find related add-ons and Click Disable.
- Select More information button and click on Remove button.
- Press “Windows + R” button sententiously on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by .
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- First of all run Internet Explorer browser and Click on Tools tab.
- Select Internet option from drop down list.
- Choose Advanced tab and click Reset button.
- Select Delete personal settings check box and click on Reset button.
- Now click on close button and restart your browser.
Related article: Istart.webssearches.com – How to remove