Get rid of istartsurf.com redirect virus
What is istartsurf.com?
Unlike other fake engines, istartsurf.com is an authentic website that can be used as your home URL. Just like other websites, this website has its own search engine that you can be used without malwares. But the developers use a tricky method to increase their web traffic by redirecting you to their search engine and site as a result of installing suspicious toolbars. Take care of the installation window whenever you are making software upgrades or downlaods with unticking any Internet browser related options. Foxit reader is one of the apps like Java and Adobe Flash Player that were used by the developers to redirect you to their website. Of course there is no direct link between the developers and the redirection, but they manipulate you by the downloaded apps and software upgrades. Accordingly, the users do not have any option but using istartsurf.com as the search engine and they start accepting the situation. istartsurf.com starts collecting your IP address, browsing history, search queries, etc. Moreover, it is capable of collecting some of your personal information like credit card information and so on and share them with other third parties to benefit financially from such theft. So cyber criminals start using these information against you to gain some fees as a means of theft or use your activity for mining cryptocurrency. Another thing worth to consider is that it can redirect you to other fake engines and sites that are waiting to cause you even more damage. That is why we recommend all of the users to immediately remove all the suspicious apps and stop using its search engine right away since it holds many threats like selling your private information to third parties for money, which could cause a lot of harm.
A lot of harm can be directed to your computer from the viruses injected by istartsurf.com as hackers use it as a medium to propagate their viruses. These viruses could be downloaded on your computer if you made a mouse click on any of their trapping fake ads that pop up redundantly. These viruses are capable of stealing your private information in compensation with money. You might try to remove this search engine but you get surprised that it is changed again, so you might understand that it is something downloaded on your computer.
How did istartsurf.com redirects get installed on my computer?
Virus infections occur with a semi-agreement of the user. Although this is unethical, you click on “accept” or “I agree” on any condition while downloading any app or software upgrade, which is very dangerous since you indirectly agree on downloading a virus to your computer that you would take time to remove.
How to get rid of ( Uninstall ) and remove istartsurf.com?
Take it as a rule of thumb: Never download anything from a non-legitimate source, make all your downloads from their original source. Non-authentic websites are ruled by third parties to invade your computer via viruses. Uninstall all of the suspicious applications on your PC and make sure that you can it with an antivirus to remove any virus that you cannot find.Despite the fact that this virus is very malicious, it can be eliminated totally from your PC via manual or automatic removal. You can remove the virus manually only if you are experienced enough to do so as you might risk its recurrence. In this process, virus can get removed but need lots of knowledge and experience. On the other hand, a more safe method is to remove it by the aid of a software to guarantee to terminate this threat.
Option A: Advanced system software is recommended to uninstall this malware from your PC. Free scanner allows you to check whether your PC is infected or not.
Option B: Remove Manually (Risky & Complicated) For Technical Geeks only!
Steps To Remove ManuallyEnd malicious process from Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together to open Run in your PC.
- Type taskmgr in Run and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select related process and click End Process.
- Click on Start and select Settings option.
- Now Go to System Option.
- Now select Programs & Feature option.
- Select and click on Uninstall tab.
- Open browser tool by clicking on Setting Icon from the right-top corner of your browser.
- Click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Find related add-ons and Click Disable.
- Select More information button and click on Remove button.
- Press “Windows + R” button sententiously on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by .
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- First of all run Internet Explorer browser and Click on Tools tab.
- Select Internet option from drop down list.
- Choose Advanced tab and click Reset button.
- Select Delete personal settings check box and click on Reset button.
- Now click on close button and restart your browser.
Related article: Jogotempo adware virus – How to remove