Get rid of launchpage.org redirect virus
What is launchpage.org virus?
Just like other fake internet search engines, launchpage.org mentions that it is capable of boosting web surfing via advancing the search results. Such deception makes the users believe that launchpage.org is an authorized search engine. However, it is intentionally made to track your browsing activity. Such sites are usually visited by redirecting the users via fake advertisements. One other possibility of visiting these sites are PUPs, which are capable of intruding your device without consent and also running undesired viruses in the background.
Just after the invasion of your device, it starts intruding your browser. No wonder, all of the most used browsers are intruded by many cyber criminals to make launchpage.org the default engine, which again deceives the users to be legitimate. Some malicious scripted viruses are written by the developers of launchpage.org to prevent you from restoring your previous settings and removing the current modifications. Accordingly, the users do not have any option but using launchpage.org as the search engine and they start accepting the situation. launchpage.org starts collecting your IP address, browsing history, search queries, etc. Moreover, it is capable of collecting some of your personal information like credit card information and so on and share them with other third parties to benefit financially from such theft. So cyber criminals start using these information against you to gain some fees as a means of theft or use your activity for mining cryptocurrency. Another thing worth to consider is that it can redirect you to other fake engines and sites that are waiting to cause you even more damage. That is why we recommend all of the users to immediately remove launchpage.org and stop using its search engine right away since it holds many threats like selling your private information to third parties for money, which could cause a lot of harm.
launchpage.org spreads its virus in your computer vastly as intended by its developers who aim to steal your private information. This happens by pulling your feet to click on one of the fake ads that pop up on your monitor whose aim is to redirect you to some malicious websites that downloads viruses on your computer. Such viruses steal some of your private information and ask you for money to release you info.
How did launchpage.org get installed on my computer?
Non-authentic software updates and applications are sometimes packed with viruses and malware created by the developers to infect your computer. Once downloaded, the app downloader asks for the users’ agreements on many conditions and generally everyone accepts the conditions, which is the step where the virus intrudes your PC.
How to get rid of (uninstall) and remove launchpage.org?
Download whatever you want from their authentic sources and stop using non-legitimate websites and download hubs. Uninstall any app that seems suspicious and remove all the modified browser options. If you still find some pop ups, uninstall all the applications that were downloaded from non-authentic sources while using an antivirus.Despite the fact that this virus is very malicious, it can be eliminated totally from your PC via manual or automatic removal. You can remove the virus manually only if you are experienced enough to do so as you might risk its recurrence. In this process, virus can get removed but need lots of knowledge and experience. On the other hand, a more safe method is to remove it by the aid of a software to guarantee to terminate this threat.
Option A: Advanced system software is recommended to uninstall this malware from your PC. Free scanner allows you to check whether your PC is infected or not.
Option B: Remove Manually (Risky & Complicated) For Technical Geeks only!
Steps To Remove ManuallyEnd malicious process from Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together to open Run in your PC.
- Type taskmgr in Run and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select related process and click End Process.
- Click on Start and select Settings option.
- Now Go to System Option.
- Now select Programs & Feature option.
- Select and click on Uninstall tab.
- Open browser tool by clicking on Setting Icon from the right-top corner of your browser.
- Click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Find related add-ons and Click Disable.
- Select More information button and click on Remove button.
- Press “Windows + R” button sententiously on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by .
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- First of all run Internet Explorer browser and Click on Tools tab.
- Select Internet option from drop down list.
- Choose Advanced tab and click Reset button.
- Select Delete personal settings check box and click on Reset button.
- Now click on close button and restart your browser.
Related article: Locker virus – How to remove