Get rid of Locker virus
What is Locker virus?
Locker virus is a novel ransomware virus that encrypts data for money compensation. Just like other viruses, it spreads through spam emails and other fake and cheap advertisement methods created by cyber criminals that aim to gain any profit. Locker works by encrypting your stored files just after it invades your system and renames the files by adding another extension in a critical time for the victims to notice that their PCs are invaded.
The sole purpose of this encryption is to make you pay some ransom fees. Cyber criminals advanced tremendously in the past years and were able to make asymmetric encryption. Such encryption generates two keys, an encryption key, and a decryption key, and they are stored securely by contacting them via email. Accordingly, the developers offer to decrypt your files in exchange for some fees by proving such capability by decrypting one of your files. The estimate of these fees is in the range of 0.1 Bitcoins to avoid tracing the money with a time margin of 72 hrs. Otherwise, you will have to pay 1.0 Bitcoins. One more thing worthy of notice is that many hackers take the money from you and stop contacting you, or even ask for more money later, which enters you in a loop hole. There are no tools today that are capable of eliminating Rapid, so the only way to retain your files is by having a normal backup.
How did Locker virus get installed on my computer?
Locker virus, like many other viruses, propagates through a medium to reach your computer. Developers pack it up with software updates and many applications that can be downloaded from non-authentic websites. As innocent as we are, we agree and accept all the conditions on the app installer, including the virus download. You should be cautions in these steps because it might cost you a lot before uninstalling this virus and remove from your computer. This virus is capable of hacking your privacy for illegal profit purposes.
How to get rid of (Uninstall) and remove Locker virus?
You should not always depend on uninstalling your virus apps, but rather you should be cautious from the first place when downloading anything. But if that already happened find all your unwanted apps and uninstall them right away because they might be the additional apps that you agreed on downloading them without noticing. Inspect the behavior of your browser if you still find fake ads and banners. If so, remove more apps until you stabilize your computer.Despite the fact that this virus is very malicious, it can be eliminated totally from your PC via manual or automatic removal. You can remove the virus manually only if you are experienced enough to do so as you might risk its recurrence. In this process, virus can get removed but need lots of knowledge and experience. On the other hand, a more safe method is to remove it by the aid of a software to guarantee to terminate this threat.
Option A: Advanced system software is recommended to uninstall this malware from your PC. Free scanner allows you to check whether your PC is infected or not.
Option B: Remove Manually (Risky & Complicated) For Technical Geeks only!
Steps To Remove ManuallyEnd malicious process from Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together to open Run in your PC.
- Type taskmgr in Run and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select related process and click End Process.
- Click on Start and select Settings option.
- Now Go to System Option.
- Now select Programs & Feature option.
- Select and click on Uninstall tab.
- Open browser tool by clicking on Setting Icon from the right-top corner of your browser.
- Click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Find related add-ons and Click Disable.
- Select More information button and click on Remove button.
- Press “Windows + R” button sententiously on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by .
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- First of all run Internet Explorer browser and Click on Tools tab.
- Select Internet option from drop down list.
- Choose Advanced tab and click Reset button.
- Select Delete personal settings check box and click on Reset button.
- Now click on close button and restart your browser.
Related Article: MPC Cleaner virus – How to remove