Get rid of rack-search.com redirect virus
What is rack-search.com redirect?
As one of the fake internet search engines, rack-search.com mentions that it is capable of boosting web surfing via advancing the search results. Such deception makes the users believe that rack-search.com is an authorized search engine. However, it is intentionally made to track your browsing activity. Such sites are usually visited by redirecting the users via fake advertisements. One other possibility of visiting these sites are PUPs, which are capable of intruding your device without consent and also running undesired processes in the background.
Just after the invasion of your device, it starts intruding your browser. No wonder, all of the most used browsers are intruded by many cyber criminals to make rack-search.com the default engine, which again deceives the users to be legitimate. Some malicious scripts are written by the developers of rack-search.com to prevent you from restoring your previous settings. Accordingly, the users do not have any option but using rack-search.com as the search engine and they start accepting the situation. rack-search.com starts collecting your IP address, browsing history, search queries, etc. Moreover, it is capable of collecting some of your personal information like credit card information and so on and share them with other third parties to benefit financially from such theft. So cyber criminals start using these information against you to gain some fees as a means of theft or use your activity for mining cryptocurrency. Another thing worth to consider is that it can redirect you to other fake engines and sites that are waiting to cause you even more damage. That is why we recommend all of the users to immediately remove rack-search.com and stop using its search engine right away since it holds many threats like selling your private information to third parties for money, which could cause a lot of harm.
How did rack-search.com get installed on my computer?
Developers are smart enough nowadays to use the method packing to transfer their virus. Packing is simply putting a virus in a package with an application that seems effective to many users. Once the users download the package, they automatically download the virus as well. The virus starts giving random pop ups to the user, and if clicked on, the users get redirected to some websites that downloads more viruses on the PC, stealing the private information of the users.
How to get rid of (Uninstall) and remove rack-search.com?
Check the download steps carefully and do not follow the recommended settings blindly. Do not be careless and regret it later when you find difficulty in uninstalling the virus. The bright side is that we offer you many options and programs to uninstall it. Remove all of the apps that were downloaded from unknown sources because developers use them as a medium to transfer their viruses. Check your apps and if you find out any app that you did not download intentionally, uninstall it right away.Despite the fact that this virus is very malicious, it can be eliminated totally from your PC via manual or automatic removal. You can remove the virus manually only if you are experienced enough to do so as you might risk its recurrence. In this process, virus can get removed but need lots of knowledge and experience. On the other hand, a more safe method is to remove it by the aid of a software to guarantee to terminate this threat.
Option A: Advanced system software is recommended to uninstall this malware from your PC. Free scanner allows you to check whether your PC is infected or not.
Option B: Remove Manually (Risky & Complicated) For Technical Geeks only!
Steps To Remove ManuallyEnd malicious process from Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together to open Run in your PC.
- Type taskmgr in Run and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select related process and click End Process.
- Click on Start and select Settings option.
- Now Go to System Option.
- Now select Programs & Feature option.
- Select and click on Uninstall tab.
- Open browser tool by clicking on Setting Icon from the right-top corner of your browser.
- Click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Find related add-ons and Click Disable.
- Select More information button and click on Remove button.
- Press “Windows + R” button sententiously on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by .
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- First of all run Internet Explorer browser and Click on Tools tab.
- Select Internet option from drop down list.
- Choose Advanced tab and click Reset button.
- Select Delete personal settings check box and click on Reset button.
- Now click on close button and restart your browser.
Related Article: Rightcoupon ads virus – How to remove