Get rid of Search.froktiser.com browser hijacker
What is search.froktiser.com?
As one of the fake internet search engines, search.froktiser.com mentions that it is capable of boosting web surfing via advancing the search results. Such deception makes the users believe that safesearchmac.com is an authorized search engine. However, it is intentionally made to track your browsing activity.
Just after it intrudes your device, it starts intruding your browser. No wonder, all of the most used browsers are intruded to make search.froktiser.com the default engine, which again deceives the users to be legitimate. Some malicious scripts are written by the developers to prevent you from restoring your previous settings. Accordingly, the users do not have any option but using safesearchmac.com as the search engine and they start accepting the situation. search.froktiser.com starts collecting your IP address, browsing history, search queries, etc. Moreover, it is capable of collecting some of your personal information like credit card information and so on. So cyber criminals start using these information against you to gain some fees as a means of theft. That is why we recommend all of the users to immediately remove all the suspected applications and stop using this search engine right away.
Such undesired apps implement tools that make third parties capable of popping up fake advertisements and banners that are mostly related to pornography and adult dating. Such ads redirect you to malware websites that can infect your computer and change your web browsing experience. Accordingly, a lot of private information is stolen and they can be used against you in compensation with money. So the basic theory of operation is pulling your feet to click on some of the unwanted ads to steal your information and advertise to you some dubious offers and packages that could harm your PC farther.
How did search.froktiser.com installed on my computer?
PUPs invade your system with no consent according to lack of knowledge of some users allowed many developers and hackers to intrude many systems without previous agreements or consents to enter. Bundling has been known for years to be the method followed by hackers to expand their malware through the users by making them download apps from third parties with software packages or updates.
How to remove (Uninstall) and get rid of search.froktiser.com?
It is always better to prevent the problem before happening rather than solving the issue later. That is why we are recommending everyone to be very cautions while downloading any software updates or opening any emails from suspicious senders. Kindly download all of your updates and applications from certified places with direct download without getting redirected from one site to another. Bundling has been known for years to be the method followed by hackers to expand their malware through the users by making them download apps from third parties with software packages or updates. So please do not follow such strategies and have your own original anti-virus.Despite the fact that this virus is very malicious, it can be eliminated totally from your PC via manual or automatic removal. You can remove the virus manually only if you are experienced enough to do so as you might risk its recurrence. In this process, virus can get removed but need lots of knowledge and experience. On the other hand, a more safe method is to remove it by the aid of a software to guarantee to terminate this threat.
Option A: Advanced system software is recommended to uninstall this malware from your PC. Free scanner allows you to check whether your PC is infected or not.
Option B: Remove Manually (Risky & Complicated) For Technical Geeks only!
Steps To Remove ManuallyEnd malicious process from Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together to open Run in your PC.
- Type taskmgr in Run and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select related process and click End Process.
- Click on Start and select Settings option.
- Now Go to System Option.
- Now select Programs & Feature option.
- Select and click on Uninstall tab.
- Open browser tool by clicking on Setting Icon from the right-top corner of your browser.
- Click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Find related add-ons and Click Disable.
- Select More information button and click on Remove button.
- Press “Windows + R” button sententiously on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by .
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- First of all run Internet Explorer browser and Click on Tools tab.
- Select Internet option from drop down list.
- Choose Advanced tab and click Reset button.
- Select Delete personal settings check box and click on Reset button.
- Now click on close button and restart your browser.
Related Article: Internet Security Damaged scam – How to remove?