Get rid of Search.microcosmtab.com virus
What is search.microcosmtab.com?
Search.microcosmtab.com mentions that it can enhance web surfing via advancing the search results and grants you access to social media quickly, just like any other fake engine. Such deception makes the users believe that search.microcosmtab.com is an authorized search engine. However, it is intentionally made by Microcosm to track your browsing activity. It is also intended to change your tab background along with displaying the forecast to you. Such sites are usually visited by redirecting the users via fake advertisements. One other possibility of visiting these sites are PUPs, which are capable of intruding your device without consent and also running undesired processes in the background.
Just after the invasion of your device, Search.microcosmtab.com starts intruding your browser. No wonder, all of the most used browsers are intruded by many cyber criminals to make search.microcosmtab.com the default engine, which again deceives the users to be legitimate. Some malicious scripts are written by the developers of iresults.ampxsearch.com to prevent you from restoring your previous settings. Accordingly, the users do not have any option but using search.microcosmtab.com as the search engine, and they start accepting the situation. search.microcosmtab.com starts collecting your IP address, browsing history, search queries, etc.
Moreover, it is capable of collecting some of your personal information like credit card information and so on and share them with other third parties to benefit financially from such theft. So cybercriminals start using this information against you to gain some fees as a means of theft. Another thing worth to consider is that it can redirect you to other fake engines and sites that are waiting to cause you even more damage. That is why we recommend all of the users to immediately remove search.microcosmtab.com and stop using its search engine right away since it holds many threats like selling your private information to third parties for money, which could cause a lot of harm.
How did Search.microcosmtab.com get installed on your computer?
Fake websites promoting some fake apps that seem legit do this trick to make users download these bundle apps. Bundled apps mean that these apps are downloaded as a package that has the source of your coming virus. While downloading the package, users skip most of the download steps and use the recommended settings blindly, leaving room for the hackers to install some malicious tools on their computers. These tools then change your default search engine and start popping some fake ads to you and redirect you to other viruses websites.
How to get rid of (Uninstall) and remove search.microcosmtab.com?
Do not trust the websites other than the authorized ones that you used to download apps from. Go and uninstall all the apps that aren’t authorized and remove any source that you downloaded from a nonauthorized website. Look carefully for all the download steps and make sure you read everything and accept on what you must accept on.Despite the fact that this virus is very malicious, it can be eliminated totally from your PC via manual or automatic removal. You can remove the virus manually only if you are experienced enough to do so as you might risk its recurrence. In this process, virus can get removed but need lots of knowledge and experience. On the other hand, a more safe method is to remove it by the aid of a software to guarantee to terminate this threat.
Option A: Advanced system software is recommended to uninstall this malware from your PC. Free scanner allows you to check whether your PC is infected or not.
Option B: Remove Manually (Risky & Complicated) For Technical Geeks only!
Steps To Remove ManuallyEnd malicious process from Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together to open Run in your PC.
- Type taskmgr in Run and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select related process and click End Process.
- Click on Start and select Settings option.
- Now Go to System Option.
- Now select Programs & Feature option.
- Select and click on Uninstall tab.
- Open browser tool by clicking on Setting Icon from the right-top corner of your browser.
- Click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Find related add-ons and Click Disable.
- Select More information button and click on Remove button.
- Press “Windows + R” button sententiously on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by .
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- First of all run Internet Explorer browser and Click on Tools tab.
- Select Internet option from drop down list.
- Choose Advanced tab and click Reset button.
- Select Delete personal settings check box and click on Reset button.
- Now click on close button and restart your browser.
Related Article: SIGMA virus – How to remove? (Uninstall)