Get rid of secure-surf.net fake engine
What is secure-surf.net?
secure-surf.net is a fake search engine that claims that it is capable of boosting web surfing via advancing the search results with having a design that makes it look authentic. Such deception makes the users believe that secure-surf.net is an authorized search engine. However, it is intentionally made to track your browsing activity. Such sites are usually visited by redirecting the users via fake advertisements. One other possibility of visiting these sites are PUPs, which are capable of intruding your device without consent and also running undesired processes in the background.
Harmful tools downloaded on your computer start their attack by first targeting your browser. Hackers nowadays are capable of intruding all the browsers that we are used to have so that they appear sneaky enough to not be caught. These hackers also script their viruses and tools to make secure-surf.net your default engine and changing it becomes impossible, making you agree with the current situation and use secure-surf.net as your default engine. secure-surf.net starts collecting your IP address, browsing history, search queries, etc. Moreover, it is capable of collecting some of your personal information like credit card information and so on and share them with other third parties to benefit financially from such theft. So cyber criminals start using these information against you to gain some fees as a means of theft or use your activity for mining cryptocurrency. That is why we recommend all of the users to immediately remove secure-surf.net and stop using its search engine right away since it holds many threats like selling your private information to third parties for money, which could cause a lot of harm.
How did secure-surf.net get installed on your computer?
Your default search engine gets replaced with secure-surf.net suddenly in a very irreversible way, which gives you a sense that there is a virus residing in your PC that is scripted to keep this engine as your default one. Downloading apps from nonauthentic sources is the reason behind having this virus on your computer. Hackers bundle the apps with these viruses and users usually skip the download steps, so many harmful tools get downloaded on your computer and they alter your search engine. Not only that, but also they start redirecting you to malicious websites that have many viruses and fake ads to increase the damage experienced by your computer.
How to get rid of (Uninstall) and remove secure-surf.net?
Visit your control panel and start uninstalling all the apps associated with an unknown source and remove anything you find unwanted on your computer. As mentioned earlier, this search engine is scripted against modification, so you will not be able to restore your original settings unless you uninstall the virus causing it. If you did not succeed, you can try our program specialized for removing secure-surf.net.Despite the fact that this virus is very malicious, it can be eliminated totally from your PC via manual or automatic removal. You can remove the virus manually only if you are experienced enough to do so as you might risk its recurrence. In this process, virus can get removed but need lots of knowledge and experience. On the other hand, a more safe method is to remove it by the aid of a software to guarantee to terminate this threat.
Option A: Advanced system software is recommended to uninstall this malware from your PC. Free scanner allows you to check whether your PC is infected or not.
Option B: Remove Manually (Risky & Complicated) For Technical Geeks only!
Steps To Remove ManuallyEnd malicious process from Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together to open Run in your PC.
- Type taskmgr in Run and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select related process and click End Process.
- Click on Start and select Settings option.
- Now Go to System Option.
- Now select Programs & Feature option.
- Select and click on Uninstall tab.
- Open browser tool by clicking on Setting Icon from the right-top corner of your browser.
- Click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Find related add-ons and Click Disable.
- Select More information button and click on Remove button.
- Press “Windows + R” button sententiously on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by .
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- First of all run Internet Explorer browser and Click on Tools tab.
- Select Internet option from drop down list.
- Choose Advanced tab and click Reset button.
- Select Delete personal settings check box and click on Reset button.
- Now click on close button and restart your browser.
Related article: Setli virus – How to remove