Get rid of SIGMA virus
What is SIGMA virus?
Michael Gillespie discovered SIGMA ransomware recently, and it is known to be a virus that encrypts some of your data and ask you for money to decrypt these files. SIGMA is transferred by developers by spam emails as an attachment. The threat begins with claiming that if you didn’t open attachment, you would have to pay $3000 from your MasterCard. As some users save their credit card info on their browser, they might believe this trick and open the attachment to avoid paying the money. Once opened, SIGMA gets downloaded on your PC, and it works by encrypting your files by adding its signature extension“.Ka8E “. SIGMA then pops up two text files for you to guide you on how to retain your files and change your wallpaper as well.
The text files that pop up are meant to guide you about the process of decrypting your files and gaining access back to them. But this is not the only thing, and the bright light that you have seen has other purposes. Developers and hackers do this step to ask you to pay ransom fees in exchange for getting your files back. Using asymmetric encryption lately by hackers made it almost impossible to decrypt your files by the old methods that we all know. As we know, encryption creates two keys: One for encryption and one for decryption. They ask you to contact them to get the decryption key, and you get surprised to know that it costs $1000 in cryptocurrency like the BitCoin. Hackers dealing with viruses use cryptocurrency to clear off their road of tracking of making an illegal profit. Surprisingly, you can pay these hackers the money they asked for, and your computer is still infected with their virus, and you still have encrypted files. They can also ask you for more money to release your files. Unfortunately, there are no advanced tools that are capable of uninstalling SIGMA, so you can only get full access to your files again by a normal backup.
How did SIGMA got installed on my computer?
SIGMA spreads through computers through junk emails, unauthentic download sites, trojans, etc. As we mentioned earlier, spam emails are the most common way that transfers SIGMA. Hackers now script their viruses so that whenever they are downloaded, they run scripts in the background automatically to access your private information without your agreement. Hackers also bundle SIGMA with apps downloaded from nonauthentic sites so that users skip the download steps and install SIGMA on their computer.
How to get rid of (Uninstall) and remove SIGMA
Downloading software packages and apps from sources other than the original ones is a very dangerous step that many users don’t consider and they regret it when they can’t uninstall the viruses they downloaded. Download all your apps from their authentic sources even if you will pay money, which is still cheaper than paying for the decryption files. Do not open spam emails or download any attachment in your inbox and don’t be threatened easily as long as you didn’t open any attachment. Remove all of the unwanted apps on your computer and uninstall what might seem suspicious from your nonauthentic sites.Despite the fact that this virus is very malicious, it can be eliminated totally from your PC via manual or automatic removal. You can remove the virus manually only if you are experienced enough to do so as you might risk its recurrence. In this process, virus can get removed but need lots of knowledge and experience. On the other hand, a more safe method is to remove it by the aid of a software to guarantee to terminate this threat.
Option A: Advanced system software is recommended to uninstall this malware from your PC. Free scanner allows you to check whether your PC is infected or not.
Option B: Remove Manually (Risky & Complicated) For Technical Geeks only!
Steps To Remove ManuallyEnd malicious process from Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together to open Run in your PC.
- Type taskmgr in Run and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select related process and click End Process.
- Click on Start and select Settings option.
- Now Go to System Option.
- Now select Programs & Feature option.
- Select and click on Uninstall tab.
- Open browser tool by clicking on Setting Icon from the right-top corner of your browser.
- Click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Find related add-ons and Click Disable.
- Select More information button and click on Remove button.
- Press “Windows + R” button sententiously on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by .
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- First of all run Internet Explorer browser and Click on Tools tab.
- Select Internet option from drop down list.
- Choose Advanced tab and click Reset button.
- Select Delete personal settings check box and click on Reset button.
- Now click on close button and restart your browser.
Related Article: Search.microcosmtab.com – How to remove? (Uninstall)