Get rid of Skype adware virus
What is Skype virus?
Skype virus is a name generalized for most of the viruses and malware regarding the Skype application that is used for communication. All of these viruses share a common behavior of invading your Skype account, that is why they were classified under on general name. Just after it invades your system, your Skype virus account gets invaded as well and a lot of fake messages are sent to your contacts to infect your contacts as well. Cyber criminals make use of the fact that Skype is linked with Microsoft outlook to farther infect more people since the medium is bigger now and a lot of accounts are awaiting to be infected in the pool. The messages include the links of malicious websites like baidu.com under the feeling of having a friendly message to make the theft process flow smoothly. So if you found out that your account is sending fake messages, then you have to know that someone is using your account. Such behavior could be used to mine cryptocurrency, collecting some personal information about you and selling them to third parties, and installing more PUPs on your computer.
Just because users visit sites that are infected with viruses unintentionally, they become redirected to other websites and fake software upgrades. PUPs implement tools to pop up fake banners and ads that hold the link of another malware site. The purpose of such several redirects is to make you reach these scam messages in the end so that hackers become capable of advertising more fake links to collect some ransom fees without your consent.
You can follow these steps to know whether your account is hacked or not:
- Login into to your Microsoft Account.
2. Click on “Security and Privacy”.
3. Pass over “Account Security” and choose “More security settings”.
4. Pass over “Sign-in preferences” and choose “Change sign-in preferences”.
5. Deselect “Skype name”
6. Then [Save]
7. Enable “Two-step verification”
8. Then Change your Password.
How did Skype virus get installed on my computer?
Skype virus infects your PC without your full-aware agreement as many users just “accept” and agree on many conditions placed in the installer. Do not download Skype from a non-authentic source and track your account if it sends awkward messages, because most probably you have downloaded a version of Skype that is packed with a various and you need to uninstall it right away. Remove any of your contacts who is sending you spam messages because they are probably infected as well. Whenever you click on a spam link that is sent to you even if you are using the authentic Skype, you get a Skype virus and it starts spreading from your account.
How to remove (Uninstall) and get rid of Skype virus?
Your computer was infected by the Skype virus for two reasons. First, you might have downloaded a non-authentic version and in this case, go and uninstall this version and remove anything that was downloaded with it. Second, you might have clicked on a spam link that was sent to you on Skype, which redirects you to a website that downloads viruses on your computer to steal your Microsoft Outlook information. In this case you have to track what was downloaded to your computer and uninstall any unwanted apps. You might also remove your virused contacts for a higher level of safety and track whether your account sends spam links or not.
Option A: Advanced system software is recommended to uninstall this malware from your PC. Free scanner allows you to check whether your PC is infected or not.
Option B: Remove Manually (Risky & Complicated) For Technical Geeks only!
Steps To Remove ManuallyEnd malicious process from Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together to open Run in your PC.
- Type taskmgr in Run and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select related process and click End Process.
- Click on Start and select Settings option.
- Now Go to System Option.
- Now select Programs & Feature option.
- Select and click on Uninstall tab.
- Open browser tool by clicking on Setting Icon from the right-top corner of your browser.
- Click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Find related add-ons and Click Disable.
- Select More information button and click on Remove button.
- Press “Windows + R” button sententiously on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by .
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- First of all run Internet Explorer browser and Click on Tools tab.
- Select Internet option from drop down list.
- Choose Advanced tab and click Reset button.
- Select Delete personal settings check box and click on Reset button.
- Now click on close button and restart your browser.
Related article: Homepage-web.com – How to remove