Get rid of Zenis ransomware virus
What is Zenis ransomware virus?
MalwareHunterTeam discovered a new malware called Zenis ransomware virus. Zenis is an intruding virus that encrypts a lot of your stored files by renaming the files with added extension to “Zenis-[2_random_characters].[12_random_characters]“.As an instance, “sample.jpg” might be altered to “Zenis-OX.4XAs5iEEpI8I“. Upon encryption, Zenis creates an HTML file (“Zenis-Instructions.html“) and puts a copy in all existing folders.
To work on the weak points of the users, the developers pop this fake message “You Are Today’s Lucky Visitor” as means of informing you that you are lucky enough to be granted this amazing moment. But before seizing this moment, they ask you to fill a quick form composed of 4 questions. These websites that pop up this message aim to collect many personal information about you like your web browsing history, search queries, and IP address. So the basic solution is to neglect such pop up messages and never visit such sites again. Current news state that such sites have countdown timer that works to inform the users that they must fill the survey in a specific time in order to be able to claim the gift. However, the timer resets whenever it is finished and the user did not finish the survey yet. Also they have YouTube links that do not work, so that they can make revenue from making some traffic to YouTube channels. Unfortunately, some websites implement scripts so that you become unable to close the browser, so in this case, open the Task Manager and end the browsing experience or reboot your system.
Just because users visit malware sites unintentionally, they become redirected to other websites and fake software upgrades. PUPs implement tools to pop up fake banners and ads that hold the link of another malware site. The purpose of such several redirects is to make you reach “Amazon Gift Card” in the end so that hackers become capable of advertising more fake links to collect some ransom fees without your consent.
How did Zenis ransomware Virus installed on my computer?
PUPs invade your system with no consent according to lack of knowledge of some users allowed many developers and hackers to intrude many systems without previous agreements or consents to enter. Bundling has been known for years to be the method followed by hackers to expand their malware through the users by making them download apps from third parties with software packages or updates.
How to remove (Uninstall) and get rid of Zenis ransomware Virus?
The best curing method is to prevent the disease, so basically, all you have to do is to be careful whenever you attempt to download or upgrade any software. The new malwares are deceiving enough to force you to believe that they are authorized so that you can be tricked by the interface. Whenever you face any unwanted ads that pop up in your browser regarding pornography or adult dating, remove any skeptical application you have recently downloaded to prevent further damage.Despite the fact that this virus is very malicious, it can be eliminated totally from your PC via manual or automatic removal. You can remove the virus manually only if you are experienced enough to do so as you might risk its recurrence. In this process, virus can get removed but need lots of knowledge and experience. On the other hand, a more safe method is to remove it by the aid of a software to guarantee to terminate this threat.
Option A: Advanced system software is recommended to uninstall this malware from your PC. Free scanner allows you to check whether your PC is infected or not.
Option B: Remove Manually (Risky & Complicated) For Technical Geeks only!
Steps To Remove ManuallyEnd malicious process from Windows Task Manager
- Click Windows logo + R button together to open Run in your PC.
- Type taskmgr in Run and click on OK button.
- Now go to Process tab in Task manager.
- Select related process and click End Process.
- Click on Start and select Settings option.
- Now Go to System Option.
- Now select Programs & Feature option.
- Select and click on Uninstall tab.
- Open browser tool by clicking on Setting Icon from the right-top corner of your browser.
- Click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Find related add-ons and Click Disable.
- Select More information button and click on Remove button.
- Press “Windows + R” button sententiously on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by .
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- First of all run Internet Explorer browser and Click on Tools tab.
- Select Internet option from drop down list.
- Choose Advanced tab and click Reset button.
- Select Delete personal settings check box and click on Reset button.
- Now click on close button and restart your browser.
Related Article: Do Not Ignore This Windows Alert Scam – How to remove?